Sunday, March 9, 2008

French School Week














A French High School school week changes depending on what part of Frace one lives in. Last year, for example, I lived in the South of France and had school from Monday to Friday each week. Now I live in the south of France and have school six days a week, from Monday to Saturday, but I only have two hours of class Wendsday and Saturday, on the other hand I have twelve hour of class Monday, from 8am to 8pm with two hours for lunch. I know that in some parts of France you only have clas four days a week - no class wednesday.The school day is generally from 8am to 6pm, although once or twice a week one either ends earlier or starts later. Everyone, everywhere in France has at least one hour for lunch, often two, depending on the day, as the schedule changes daily, but rests the same each week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I know you haven't posted anything lately, but I'm in kind of the same situation as you. I'm a junior and applying to boarding schools in France (transferring mid-year).

So far, I'm considering the IBS of Provence, l'Érmitage, the Bordeaux International School, and l'École Active Bilingue Jeannine Manuel in Lille. Do you know any of these schools? I'm also thinking about Interlochen, oddly enough. How have you liked your different schools? Any tips?

Thanks for your help!
Kelly